Saturday, August 9, 2014

Skincare Saturday: Rainshadow Labs AEBG Eye Bright Gel

It's been an eon and a half since I've done a Skincare Saturday, though not for lack of options. Today's feature is another Rainshadow Labs product, their Eye Bright Gel.
squishy!
I just turned 25, so my eye wrinkle situation isn't all that bad, but I've definitely started noticing some crow's feet and under-eye lines over the past year. Since it's best to get on these things early, I figured I might as well get something to try with my Rainshadow Labs order a few months ago. They have a variety of eye creams/lotions/gels to choose from, but I picked the Eye Bright Gel, because its description was just mindblowing:

"It is no exaggeration to say that this formula addresses every single eye area concern possible. Dark circles, wrinkles, sagging, puffing, loss of plump and firm [skin?], loss of tone and resilience....its [sic] all taken care of in this delicate and light gel.

"Do not be deceived by the elegant and refined nature of the look and feel of this formula. This product is NOT to be underestimated.
From Plant Stem Cells to Multiple Complex Peptide blends....from botanically derived Hyaluronic Acid Spheres to fiber and cellular rebuilding Amino Acids.....collagen boosting and skin firming and wrinkle repairing ingredients are fully loaded into this genius formula. Use it daily. Use it ten times a day. You will be addicted."

I regret to say it does not live up to its own hype, though that's not to say I don't like it. It's lightweight and cooling, smells very faintly of cucumber, and absorbs pretty quickly, though it does get somewhat tacky while drying. I'm not as religious about applying it as I could be, which might be a factor, but I haven't found it to have much, if any, of an effect on my wrinklies [shut up, Blogger, that is too a real word], and I can't speak to its effectiveness on dark circles or sagging, as those are not issues I contend with. That being said, though, it's magic on puffiness.

Various factors have conspired to make the past few months pretty emotional, and I react to strong emotions with tears. I am, unfortunately, not a pretty crier (see #35), and after the tears are gone, I'm left with swollen, red eyes (and nose, and mouth, and face). Even after a full night's rest, I wake up with heavy, puffy lids. Happily, Eye Bright Gel offers immediate and long-lasting soothingness [which is, according to Blogger, a real word. Go figure.], cooling and calming in the immediate aftermath, and cutting any day-after puffiness down to nothing. Crying is itself not a bad thing (cultural critiques of being "overemotional" notwithstanding), but it's nice to not feel tired and squinty after the tears are gone.

Ingredients: Organic Herbal Infusion, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe), Matrixyl 3000, Palmitoyl Triepeptide-3, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Globularia Cordifolia Callus Culture Extract (Plant Stem Cells), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber Hydrosol), Organic Simmondsis Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid), Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Carrageenan Gum, Silk Amino Acid Blend (Sodium L-Pyrrolidone Carboxylate, Sodium Lactate, L’Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Pyrrolidonecarboxylic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Histidine, L-Phenylalanine), Wildcrafted Vinca Major (Periwinkle), Organic Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice), Wildcrafted Euphrasia Officinalis (Eye Bright), Wildcrafted Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi), Organic Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola), Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin.
$3.95 for 1 oz, available from Rainshadow Labs

If you are bothered by puffiness, either as a general state or just on certain occasions, RSL's Eye Bright Gel is well worth checking out. I'm still searching for something to help with the wrinklies, though! Any suggestions for cheap options?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...