Monday, March 31, 2014

Manicure Monday

Because it's still Monday in Oregon!

Ruby Wing Poppy with Cult Nails Alter Ego
This shot was taken after Poppy had started to change colors. I seriously wish all polishes were UV sensitive. Alter Ego, another DC Cult Nails polish (I only buy them when they're on sale, ha), gives an interesting antique gold shimmer overlay. I'm still experimenting to find what colors I like it layered over, but basically, sheer toppers = endless fun.

Cult Nails Flushed
Beautiful glowy dark periwinkle purple with vibrant pink shimmer. This is 2 coats, but I think for future manis I will layer it over a dark blue or purple to conserve my supply, since this is discontinued. Also, sorry about the tipwear. I was lazy.

Sally Hansen Tickled Pink with Cult Nails Deception
More fun with layering! This was after 4 days of wear (!!). Deception is very subtle, but it's pretty in direct sunlight, and I think the effect is stronger over darker colors.

Butter London Scoundrel with Sally Hansen Lapis Amethyst
The old Sally Hansen Nail Prisms are beautiful, but they tend to take forever to dry, so I decided to try it as a saran wrap mani. I think it turned out pretty cool! Looks very watercolory, and the color shift is pretty. It was a little lumpy, even after 2 layers of top coat, but it's pretty enough that I don't mind too much.

And, another shot of my Mermaid mani, taken by the ocean last week. It was actually sunny one day!

What do you think? What have you been wearing lately?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...